Immediately adjacent to 111 Whiskey Row, the Old Forester Distillery, (See Slideshow) a working distillery and bourbon experience venue, is under construction. This $50M tourist attraction is expected to open in late 2017.
The Kentucky Convention Center with over 300,000 sq ft of meeting space and 51 meeting rooms is only 2 blocks away. Over 500,000 visitors attend conventions there each year. An expansion will be completed in 2018, increasing the capacity and creating over 200,000 sq. ft.of continuous exhibit space. It is expected to create as much as $50M increased economic activity annually. Fourth Street Live!, a major entertainment destination, is located in quick walking distance.
Attractions within easy walking distance include The Kentucky Center for the Arts, Palace Theater, Mercury Ballroom (live music venue), Actors Theatre of Louisville, Waterfront Park, The Kentucky Science Center, The Louisville Slugger Museum, The Frazier History Museum, Glassworks, Louisville Slugger Field, and multiple local shops and restaurants.
Four major hotels are located within two blocks: the new aLoft Hotel across the street, the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel less than 1 block away and The Galt House, and Downtown Marriott, 2 blocks away. Over 1,000 additional hotel rooms are under constructed in downtown including a 600 room Omni Hotel 3 blocks from the site. An additional 800 rooms are planned and announced. Almost 85% of these 1,850 additional hotel rooms are located within walking distance of 111 Whiskey Row.
- Doc Crow’s: Highly successful regional southern food with a large bar and is a stop on the Urban Bourbon Trail.
- Sidebar: Gourmet burger and salad restaurant with very popular bar known for their superb selection of bourbons.
- Troll Pub: Underground pub with secret room, outdoor courtyard and “Troll” statue for photo opportunities.
- Patrick O’Sheas: Multi-level Irish Pub with special event spaces and entries on both Main and Washington Streets.
- Merle’s Whiskey Kitchen: Nashville style live music venue soon to undergo an expansion.